How to handle Anxiety. A Mindful, Holistic & Spiritual approach.
Medication seems to be handed out a way to easily nowadays. If you are feeling a little down it could be from a blockage in one or several of your chakras. This means a holistic approach or practising mindfulness may be beneficial. If you want to skip my backstory, there are bullet points below.
As a child, I was a worrier. I had a brilliant childhood and mother as amazing as she was; she was also a worrier. It was all that I had seen growing up, self-doubt and fear that anything would happen to myself or my sister. She would panic about everything and put warnings in my brain so that I would be street smart, and rightfully so. The issue was, it then became a habit of mine to play the victim and to worry about everything.
I would worry about things that hadn’t happened and weren’t going to happen. In fact, I felt comfort in feeling sorry for myself and finding excuses to quit and back out of things as soon as they seemed difficult. And of course, I always had my mum there to tell me I was safe, and everything is going to be ok. This was lovely, but I kind of needed a kick up the arse to realise life wouldn’t always be dandy and roses.
See, we don’t grow in happiness, we grow in pain. We grow from lessons thrown at us, that we continue to fail until we learn from them. When you worry you are either living in the past or fearing the future rather than being mindful and present at the moment. This is no good for someone with goals and dreams as big as I have because all it was doing was holding me back.
Around 4 years ago, I left a relationship of 7 years. I had reached a point where I realised that it wasn’t good for me and it had become very stagnant and was holding me back mentally and physically. This leads me to live the best, happiest year of my life. My friend and I moved into an appointment and WE LOVED LIFE.
Then she decided to move back home and left and once again I fell apart. Why? Because I had never learnt to be happy alone. I had thought that it was the company that had made me miserable or happy in the past. Little did I realise that happiness had come from within me. Because it was shared with friends and family it had made them seem like the “reason” for my happiness.
How to Naturally Help Ease Anxiety and Depression
- Distract negative thoughts. Replace with what you would like to have or happen. Or if you like to draw, cook, colour do so something more creative, doing this can help take your mind off things and keep you in the present moment.
- Meditation. Either 10 minutes a day of silent meditation or visualise your dream life.
- Affirmations. Be kind to yourself. Compliment yourself in the mirror and always think and speak highly of yourself.
- Read motivational books or listen to self-help audiobooks
- Don’t speak or focus on the worst-case scenario, focus on solutions not problems.
- Focus on what you want and pretend that it is yours right now. Try to be present at the moment and let the past go.
- Self-care is so important. Pamper yourself. Replace alcohol, caffeine or drugs with a pamper routine to pick you up. Exercise is great for releasing feel-good endorphins, even if it’s 10 minutes a day.
- Diet. I am currently plant-based and it has helped me so much. If you eat well, you feel well and so you attract better to yourself.
- Wake up earlier with a to-do list planned, and a purpose for the day.
- Love yourself and don’t focus on how people will think of you when you speak highly of yourself. Love attracts love.
- Be careful who you have around you. Keep positive people who will encourage you to be and do your very best. Not everyone is rooting for you to do better.
- I like to use crystals to keep on and around me. You can use certain crystals to help heal and open any blockages, and help calm your mind.
- If you follow a religion this can always bring you back to focusing on grounding yourself. Anything that reminds you to pray or be grateful will raise your vibration.
- If you are an empath or sensitive to energy then you can do a cleanse with some palo santo (holy wood) or sage. You can also visualise a white light surrounding and protecting you.
- Try alternative medicine or energetic healing.
- Get some fresh air. Walk your dog or just go for a walk or a run. It is the best way to clear your mind, and being around nature is very good for your soul. Take your shoes off to connect to the earth.
- Use a journal to write down your thoughts. Remember to always write the ideal situation on the opposite page anytime you are writing down negative thoughts, we don’t want to attract these negative feelings but it’s good to get them out of your head.
- To-do lists. Always make to-do lists any time things come to your head. Put them in order of priority and work on the hardest, biggest tasks done first. Smaller jobs can wait.
- Have a set morning and evening routine/ ritual. My morning routine consists of meditating, tarot, journaling, exercising and drinking/ eating well (I drink a ginger, lemon tonic, herbal tea and green smoothie). This makes such a huge impact on the rest of my day.
We can all help each other, so why not help ourselves.
Remember your life is in your hands, no one else has control of what you do or what you could become. Try to keep faith and know that any difficult situations are moving you in the right direction. Try to go with the flow of the universe.
I wanted to share with you some lessons that I have learnt and tips for helping you feel stronger mentally and physically to achieve a life above and beyond all of your expectations.
When we feel happy we are on the right path so make sure that you are doing what you want regardless of what other people tell you to do. Personally, I focus on my well-being daily. I enjoy a good, structured morning routine.
Remember, you are great.
This page contains affiliate links. This includes Amazon links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Being an affiliate means that if you click on a link through to a retailer and purchase something, I may receive a very small amount or percentage of your purchase.