If you are into spiritual cleansing of any kind, be it through smudging, using crystals, meditation or reiki then you will love a good energy cleansing salt bath.
Energetic cleansing benefits aside; salt baths are also becoming extremely popular as they are being linked to numerous health benefits. For example Epsom Salt contains magnesium which can help the body get rid of toxins to help reduce swelling, stiffness, and pain. People are also using salt baths at home to easy arthritis pain and even claim that it can help to treat constipation.
Himalayan salt helps to generate negative ions in the air, hence why salt lamps are becoming increasingly popular to help clean the air, perfect for offices and bedrooms. Study’s have also found that bathing in Himalayan salt baths can reduce fatigue, stress and is beneficial in increasing happier emotional health.
Athletes are soaking in salt baths as they believe it helps relieve and relax the muscles, and also even help “cut weight” meaning you can actually lose weight just from taking a salt bath.
Energetically it is believed that salt baths can be used to help us to clear energetic blockages and open ourselves up to attracting love and abundance. Plus who doesn’t love a good face mask, and hot bath at the end of the day whilst burning a scented candle?
You will need…
- Glass Jars (The spoons help loosen up the salt)
- 6-8 Tbsp Himalayan Salt
- 3 Tbsp Epsom Salt
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2-1 Tbsp tsp Dried Herbs & Flowers (See below)
- 5-10 Drops Essential oils (See below)
Depending on what you are looking to manifest or attract into your life will depend on the dried flowers, herbs and essential oils that you use. If you are just looking for a nice relaxing bath with no bells and whistles then you can pick any of these and just bathe anyway.
Attracting Love and Abundance.
Here is a list of herbs, essential oils and crystals you can use in your bath soak to attract love, self-love, abundance, or positivity and be protected against negativity. You don’t need them all, you can pick one from each if you like. If you don’t have any dried herbs in your pantry you may find that some herbal teas contain dried herbs that you can use instead.
- Love – Rose petals, Rose buds, Lavender, Sandalwood, Fennel, Bay leaves.
- Abundance – Basil, Chamomile, Dried Orange, Cinnamon, Gold Bio Glitter
- Positivity/ Protection – Lavender, Basil, Sage, Rosemary,
- Love – Rose Dilute, Rose Water, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang.
- Abundance – Citrus/ Orange/ Grapefruit oils, Juniper.
- Positivity/ Protection – Lavender, Palo Santo, Cedarwood, Myrrh, Rosemary, Eucalyptus.
- Love – Rose Quartz, Chips or a tumbled/ polished stone.
- Abundance – Citrine, Aventurine.
- Positivity/ Protection – Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Black Tourmaline or Black Obsidian.
The dried flowers and herbs and crystals are all optional, you may just simply wish to soak in an aromatic salt bath and that is fine too. I absolutely love making these, they are so quick and easy to make. Let me know how you get on @carabraia on instagram.
Love Cara x
This page contains affiliate links. This includes Amazon links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Being an affiliate means that if you click on a link through to a retailer and purchase something, I may receive a very small amount or percentage of your purchase.